- Identify characteristics of the Rules Wizard. - Create a message template. - Open a customized message template. - Identify folder types in Outlook 2002. - Grant a user permission to a folder in Outlook 2002. - Access another user's folder. - Identify advantages of using offline folders. - Identify the advantages of using remote mail. - Create an offline folder file.
The audience for this course includes Secretarial, Clerks, Typists, CSRs, Office Managers, Web Designer-Developers, System Administrators, and Database Administrators. Typically learners will work in a networked environment which requires using e-mail for one-to-one, as well as group contacts as well as for arranging meetings and appointments through Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Outlook 2002 Expert User requires a higher level of skill as it presupposes some familiarity with the software. Learners for Expert User should have taken Microsoft Outlook 2002 Fundamentals (74070) and Microsoft Outlook 2002 Proficient User (74071).
Kurs 74072 - Microsoft Outlook 2002 Expert User
This course teaches the advanced features of Outlook 2002 and will enable the learner to become an expert user. Message formats and templates, security tools and network configuration newsgroups, instant messaging and working remotely topics are covered in the course. It assumes the learner has taken the Outlook Fundamentals and Proficient User courses.
Total Learning Time
6 to 8 hours
Unit 1: Exploring Communication Options 2 - 3 hours
- Identify characteristics of the Rules Wizard.
- Create a message template.
- Open a customized message template.
- Change the default format for all new messages.
- Identify options available when sending and receiving messages.
- Identify the characteristics of e-mail security and encryption options.
- Specify the security zone that you want Outlook to apply to messages.
- Obtain a digital certificate.
- Add a digital signature to a message.
- Swap digital certificates with another user.
- Send an encrypted message to a recipient.
- Create a personal address book with entries.
- Create a personal distribution list with entries.
- Select a user profile at Outlook startup.
- Send a fax.
- Select an answer mode option for receiving a fax.
- Subscribe to a newsgroup by using Outlook 2002.
- Identify the characteristics of newsgroup messages in Outlook Newsreader.
- Post a message to a newsgroup by using Outlook 2002.
- Schedule an online meeting.
- Sequence the steps in the procedure to enable Instant Messaging by using the New Instant Messaging Virtual Server Wizard.
- Send a message by using the Instant Messaging feature.
Unit 2: Sharing and Integrating Outlook 2002 2 - 3 hours
- Identify folder types in Outlook 2002.
- Grant a user permission to a folder in Outlook 2002.
- Access another user's folder.
- Assign a home page to a folder.
- Identify characteristics of standard forms in Outlook 2002.
- Customize a standard form in Outlook 2002.
- Publish a customized form to a folder in Outlook 2002.
- Identify the functions of the Import and Export Wizard.
- Perform a mail merge by using contact information.
- Add a shortcut to an Office file to the Outlook bar.
Unit 3: Working Offline and Remotely 2 hours
- Identify advantages of using offline folders.
- Identify the advantages of using remote mail.
- Create an offline folder file.
- Synchronize an offline folder automatically.
- Configure Outlook 2002 to open offline.
- Identify functions of the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Specify a dial-up connection.
- Download a message header.
- Mark and download a message body.
Each student has access to the course for a period of 6 months from the day of enrollment in the course.