Initiaton: April 2019
Créditos ECTS. 75
Método. Full Time
The Master is designed for university graduates. Professional experience is not essential. Language certification or interview in English.
This MBA will be conducted in English.
Ostelea-EAE Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, this programm, developed with EAE Business School- internationally recognised business school*-focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
This MBA is also conducted in Spanish in Madrid, in Barcelona and Online methodology
*top 35 world best business school according to the Economy America 2017 ranking
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea:
- MBA students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland), in Finance at ESG UQAM (Montreal, Canada) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Madrid campus. (accommodation not included).
- Management Experience: The MBA program developed with EAE Business School allows students work out the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the MBA program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others learning tourism management.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE’s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing an international vision of the tourism industry, together with an adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global environment.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and business people in the tourism sector, in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
The program has the folllowing characteristics:
Workload of 75 ECTS credits - 540 learning hours (in classroom)
- 45 ECTS credits from signatures
- 15 ECTS credits from final master’s project
- 15 ECTS credits from specialization in Hospitality
- Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 14:00
- 25 learning hours every week
- Duration: 9 months
Each of these modules is comprised of several courses covering the following topics:
Módulo 1 : Global Environment and Markets
- Socio-economic context and the tourism industry - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Tourism marketing and sales in global settings - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 2 : Human Resources Management
- Talent management in Hospitality - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Executive skills for Hospitality organizations - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 3 : International Management
- Financial management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Information Tech. Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- International Financial Risk Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 4 : Corporate Internationalization
- Global Strategic Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Corporate Internationalization - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 5 : Master's thesis
- Master's thesis - 15 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 6 : Elective Courses
- Accommodation management and Revenue & Yield Management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Strategic Food & Beverage Management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Sustainable tourism management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Competitiveness and innovation in Hospitality - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Operations in Hospitality - 3 Credits - Compulsory
Ostelea strives to guarantee quality tuition for its students with the aim of facilitating their entry or transition to the employment market, equipping them with the knowledge and skills required in the sector. With this in mind, its programs are underpinned by an innovative methodology focused on enhancing professionalism, based on:
- Classroom visits by active professionals
- Analysis of real cases
- Visits to organizations
- The Case Study Method
- Special software in line with the program (Business Game)
- Skills Management Residential Course (MBA)