- Create a new template file. - Modify an existing template file. - Create a new workbook by using a user-defined template. - Create a shared workbook. - Highlight changes in a shared workbook. - Accept a change in a shared workbook. - Import a delimited text file. - Import data from a fixed-width text file. - Import data from a database.
The intended audiences for this course are End Users and Power Users who may or may not be familiar with previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Their relevant duties may include office or managerial duties. They may be involved in working with accounting and financial data. The audience will include end users, help desk/support personnel, and other network designers. It is expected that learners should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 9x or later operating systems, and basic knowledge of either Microsoft Office 97 or 2000 programs. Learners should have also completed courses 74030 and 74031 or have equivalent knowledge.
Kurs 74032 - Microsoft Excel 2002 Expert User
This course covers skills particular to the expert user of Excel 2002. The course teaches template and database integration, shared workbooks, and consolidating data across workbooks. This course also teaches, Data Analysis and Automation, data importing and querying, pivot tables, macros, and data analysis tools.
Total Learning Time
6 to 8 hours
Unit 1: Template and Database Integration 2 - 3 hours
- Create a new template file.
- Modify an existing template file.
- Create a new workbook by using a user-defined template.
- Open a spreadsheet solutions template.
- Enter data in a list by using the data form.
- Sort a row in a list by using multiple columns.
- Sort a column in a list by using multiple rows.
- Create a custom sort order.
- Apply a custom filter to a list.
- Summarize data in a list by using subtotals.
Unit 2: Workbook Capabilities 2 - 3 hours
- Create a shared workbook.
- Highlight changes in a shared workbook.
- Accept a change in a shared workbook.
- Merge multiple workbooks.
- Create a workspace file.
Unit 3: Data Analysis and Automation 2 hours
- Import a delimited text file.
- Import data from a fixed-width text file.
- Import data from a database.
- Create an Extensible Markup Language (XML) query.
- Identify the features of the real-time data (RTD) function.
- Export data in text file format.
- Save a workbook in XML spreadsheet format.
- Create a PivotTable.
- Identify different formats to apply to a PivotTable report.
- Change the summary functions in a PivotTable.
- Hide data in a PivotTable.
- Manipulate a field in a PivotTable.
- Identify features of a PivotChart.
- Record a macro.
- Run a macro.
- Edit a macro.
- Assign a macro to a Custom Button.
- Create a scenario.
- View a scenario.
- Create a scenario report.
- Forecast using the Goal Seek command.
- Generate the optimal solution under set constraints by using Solver.
Each student has access to the course for a period of 6 months from the day of enrollment in the course.