Practical OPC Training – OPC Technology and Advanced Architecture Development
Professional Development Hours: 24 (8 hr/day)
Dates: 9 -11 October - OPC Technology - Paris
The OPC technology Workshop is geared towards:
• Solve common system connectivity issues using field-tested OPC technology
• Reduce integration time by learning to install, configure, and test OPC
• Improve system reliability using standards-based technology
• Reduce long term ownership costs by building robust systems
• Quickly troubleshoot and diagnose Windows security problems
For engineers and integrators who are integrating new systems, expanding current operations, replacing legacy equipment and looking for ways to improve data communication; our OPC hands-on workshops provide a practical approach to learn and understand the methods of accessing data through OPC technology.
Unlike other OPC courses that only provide basic lectures, Matrikon provides interactive, hands-on workshops that enable participants to install, configure, and test OPC servers and applications using a variety of OPC specifications including OPC Data Access, Historical Data Access, and Alarms & Events.
Upon completion of OPC technology, graduates will have the following knowledge and skills:
• Understand the various OPC specifications including Data Access, Historical Data Access and Alarms & Events.
• Understand how OPC works behind the scene
• Understand the client/server architecture and how connections are made
• Learn how to use OPC on the old and new operating systems like Windows 7 and Windows 2008
• Install and configure OPC servers & clients and Test OPC connections
• Understand and work with OPC DA data
• Integrate archives and analyze data using OPC HDA, and Configure remote OPC connections.
• Recognize, identify, and solve various networking problems through common symptoms
• Understand the inner workings of DCOM and learn how to set or restore an OPC system’s DCOM configuration
• Use advanced troubleshoot techniques to diagnose and debug any OPC connection and system
• Solve a series of simulated OPC issues
• Identify problems related to interoperability
• Dedicated use of a computer for the duration of the course
• OPC Workshop Manual and Exercice guide
• USB with OPC tools, Servers and Clients
• Certificate of Successful Completion
• Meals: Lunch, coffee breaks.
Class size is limited
Day 1 Modules
• Introduction to Classic OPC
• How OPC works behind the scene
• OPC Client/Server Architecture
• OPC Data Access
• OPC Historical Data Access
• OPC Alarms & Events
Day 2 Modules
• DCOM Essentials
• Troubleshooting Tools
• Tunnelling TCP / IP
• OPC Software in the control network
Day 3 Modules
• OPC Classic – OPC UA Interoperability
• OPC Architecture Design
• OPC Redundancy
• Historical Data Collection and Distribution
• Secure OPC Communication
• OPC Project Deployment and Implantation
OPC Level 1 & 2 is held within a classroom environment where each student will be supplied with their own computer for the duration of the workshop. The workshop will be made up of lectures, PowerPoint presentations, and hands-on exercises. It will be an open and friendly environment that encourages discussion and participation. Students are welcome to discuss current connectivity issues they are faced with and learn from one another.
OPC Level 3 is held within a classroom environment where each student will be supplied with their own computer for the duration of the workshop. The workshop will be made up of lectures, PowerPoint presentations, and hands-on exercises. It will be an open and friendly environment that encourages discussion and participation. Students are welcome to discuss current connectivity issues they are faced with and learn from one another.
The Matrikon Systems Integrator (OPCSI) certification program provides individuals in the automation and process control industry with the knowledge and tools necessary to understand and work with the most complex communication systems and applications.
There are a variety of advantages associated with investing in your OPC Systems Integrator certification:
• In depth knowledge of OPC Published Standards
• Position yourself as an expert and leader in your industry
• Corporate benefit (Career and Advancement opportunities)
• Earn Professional Development Hours
• Exclusive access to the OPC User Group Resource Center
Requirements for course completion:
There is no specific requirements, ideal participant’s profile for our courses: Technical staff that participates in the design of architectures, Installation, configuration, maintenance and commissioning of automation projects for electrical substations and telecontrol systems.
Specifically for the OPC UA * course: * theory and practice and the OPC course UA: theory, practice and application development, it is convenient to have previous experience about OPC technology acquired through daily use.
In regards of aspects that stand out
- In all workshops different gifts are provided to participants
- In Spain, Tripartite Foundation recognizes our workshops
OPC Technology and Advanced Architecture Development
OPC UA: Theory and Practice are certified by Matrikon
- In all our workshops we provide a completion certificate
- All workshops include practices with real hardware and simulation of issues that might occur in industrial plants today
Who we are
Vester Industrial Training Center (VITC) is part of the European and Central American Vester Business Group. It was created more than five years ago as an area dedicated to the training and specialization for engineers, integrators and system designers, with its main focus on the most used communication protocols in the industry, the design of SCADA systems, cyber-security in industrial environments and critical infrastructures and OPC UA programming.