- Identify how to design a Fast Ethernet network and improve its performance. - Identify the concepts of Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet networking.
The Audience for this course includes technical managers, system administrators, and system analysts. Students should have knowledge of computers and basic networking concepts. In addition, students should have taken the first two parts of this series (13927 and 13928).
Kurs 13929 - Ethernet Part 3: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit and 10-Gigabit Ethernet
This is the final course in a three part series that introduces Fast Ethernet, Fast Etherchannel, Gigabit and 10 Gig Ethernet. This course will cover the characteristics of Fast Ethernet, the fundamental concepts required to understand how Fast Ethernet achieve 100 megabits per second, and compares it to how Ethernet operates at signal level. Students will also learn about Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching, and the characteristics of these high-speed switching technologies.
CEU credits: 0.70 CEUs
Unit 1: Fast Ethernet 3 hours
- Match the categories of cables used in Fast Ethernet with the situations in which the categories are used.
- Identify the appropriate Fast Ethernet signaling type for a specific situation.
- Identify the situation in which a specific coding technique is used.
- Match the features of Fast EtherChannel with the situations in which they are used.
- Identify the type of NIC to be used in a specified situation.
- Identify the reason why a specific repeater is used in a specific situation.
- Label the elements of a cable plant structure with the equipment items they should contain.
- Design a Fast Ethernet LAN for an organization after evaluating the requirements of the organization.
- Match the guidelines to improve the performance of a Fast Ethernet LAN with the situations in which they are applicable.
Unit 2: Gigabit Networking 4 hours
- Match the features of Gigabit Ethernet with the situations in which they are applicable.
- Identify the appropriate type of cable to be used for a Gigabit Ethernet network in a specific situation.
- Identify the coding technique implemented in a specific situation.
- Identify the appropriate reason for a specific advantage of 10-Gigabit Ethernet.
- Identify the network on which 10-Gigabit Ethernet should be used.
Each student has access to the course for a period of 6 months from the day of enrollment in the course.