Master in Finance
: Prof. David Moreno
: 2º Application period: Deadline 20th June
: 60 ECTS
: 1 academic year (Madrid, Spain)
EU students: 7.000 €
Non EU students: 12.000 €
Recommended Student Profile
Bachelor of Science (BSc) or Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
The Master degree in Finance is a full-time official programme of the highest quality run by the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. The Master in Finance is designed for individuals without previous experience in financial markets but who seek to specialise in the field of finance and to obtain a solid knowledge of the three main areas of finance: Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, and Financial Institutions.
The Master is a 11-month full-time programme where students complete 60 ECTS credits. These credits consist of compulsory and elective courses plus an end-of-year project where the student specialises in a particular topic under the guidance of one of our academic experts. The elective courses are designed so that students can specialise in the particular aspects of finance that are best suited to enhance his/her career. Prior to official beginning of classes, on early September, there are some compulsory preparatory courses.
Finally, the students will achieve an Official Degree by the University Carlos III which is in accordance with the the European Higher Education Area (Espacio Europeo de Educación Superior, EEES).
- Our students will obtain a qualified high-education in areas such as Risk Management, Portfolio Choice, Financial Analysis, Mergers and Adquisitions, International business, and other topics.
- Overall, the Master in Finance will provide students with a solid and current background on financial markets and financial institutions that will enable them to advance in their careers.
- The placement of our students is evidenced of the high quality of this program. Our previous students were hired before finishing the master by some of the most prestigious financial companies, such as Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank, HSCB, BBVA and Deloitte. In the first promotion (2011/12) 85% of student got a job related with Finance after finishing the master.
- In addition, our students after finishing the program can acces to Doctorate Programs (best students could directly acces to the PhD Program of our Department in Business Administration, University Carlos III)
The course is taught over a 11-month period (September- June) and it is organised in four 7-week terms.
The Master consists of compulsory and elective courses plus an end-of-year project where the student specialises in a particular topic under the guidance of one of our academic experts. Prior to official beginning of classes, on early September, there are some compulsory preparatory courses.
The elective courses are designed so that students can specialise in the particular aspects of finance that are best suited to enhance his/her career.
Students choose 2 elective modules among:
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- COMPUTER TOOLS FOR FINANCE
FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS
ECONOMETRICS FOR FINANCE
Students choose 4 elective modules among:
-CENTRAL BANKS- RISK MANAGEMENT
-ADVANCED PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Students choose 3 elective modules among:
-CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND
- SOCIAL CORPORATE RESPONSABILITY
-ENERGY MARKETS AND COMMODITIES
-ADVANCED FINANCIAL STATISTICS
-ADVANCED CORPORATE FINANCE
-ADVANCED RISK MANAGEMENT
Our program counts with the advantage of a strong collaboration between prestigious academic professors from Carlos III University and financial markets practitioners from large institutions such as BBVA, Deutsche Bank, KPMG, Welzia, BME, Repsol, Intermoney, Comisión Nacional de la Energía, Endesa, CNMV among others.
More than 90% of our faculty holds a PhD from a prestigious university or CFA certification.
EU students: 7.000 €
Non EU students: 12.000 €
Application Period: from 23th April 2013 to 20th June 2013.
The University wil offer scholarships for the 2012/2013 MSc in Finance, subject to the number of students, that must be higher than 25. This Fee reduction will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence/record.
La universidad Carlos III de Madrid ofrece un MASTER OFICIAL EN FINANCE, para especializarse en áreas de Mercados Financieros, Finanzas Corporativas e Instituciones Financieras. El programa es de 1 año, comenzando en septiembre del 2013. Cabe destacar:
Arts and Culture:
- Programa oficial a tiempo completo: duración de 11 meses (de septiembre a junio), con un total de 60 créditos ECTS.
- Te permitirá obtener una obtener una sólida formación que abarca las tres principales áreas de las finanzas: Mercados Financieros, Finanzas Corporativas e Instituciones Financieras.
- Convenios de prácticas con mas de 3000 empresas
- Becas para realizar estos estudios
- Alta cualificación de nuestro profesorado (Más del 90% de nuestro profesorado posee un Doctorado o es CFA)
- Colaboración estrecha con profesionales de la industria ( los profesores provienen de Deutsche Bank, KPMG, BME, Banco Sabadell, BBVA, Banco SCH, Endesa, Repsol y Barclays entre otras).
- Se imparte en ingles 100% para adecuarse a las necesidades del mercado laboral
- Nuestros alumnos se han colocado en departamentos de trading, gestión del riesgo, gestión de carteras, … en entidades como Deutsche Bank, Golman Sachs, BBVA, HSBC, Deloitte, KPMG, Commerbank entre otras de reconocido prestigio internacional.
- El Máster da acceso a estudios de doctorado al ser oficial, y los mejores alumnos podrán realizar su Doctorado en el Dpto. Economía de la Empresa de la Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (mejor departamento de finanzas de España)
The University offers a wide cultural program on the three campuses: theatre, music, dance, workshops and activities...you’re sure to find here the activities that best suit your taste.
Among CEAES’ main functions are:
- Fomenting and carrying out the curricula for both the Official UC3M Master’s programs and the UC3M accredited Master’s programs.
- Organization of the teaching faculty for the postgraduate programs.
- Carrying out agreements with the Postgraduate Commissions.
- Management of the process for defending doctoral theses.
Discover the activities you can participate in at the university in your free time. First-rate facilities in the three campuses: 2 sports centres, 6 outdoor pitches, 4 tennis courts, 4 squash courts, 2 fitness centres, 2 saunas, beach volleyball, bouldering, multipurpose room, heated indoor swimming pool, climbing wall